Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Opportunity

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)

On such an important milestone as the U.S. withdrawl from the cities of Iraq, I am blessed to be in a position that gives me unwarranted access to act out my dreams with fully open eyes.

The access to knowledge and opportunity afforded me weighs heavily as I strive to make the most of it and to not squander the moment.

Being in this place at this time is quite a stroke of luck; now I must capitalize on it. I am certain that throughout a lifetime, there are several such opportunities. The hard part may often be in realizing them.