Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting Rolling

Now that its begun, the deployment definitely feels much less ominous. It's a lot easier to be optimistic now that I can be counting down the days until I get done instead of counting down the days until I began.

On another note, the MN Daily, the school newspaper for the U, wrote an article about our leaving. and had an interesting portion about me (starting para 6) that can be found at http://www.mndaily.com/2009/02/09/red-bulls-receive-sendoff

So now I'm just counting the days until I return. One friend from my first deployment, Robby, lived by the idea that 'If you sleep half the day, its like you're only there for half a year.' Maybe I'll try that this time, it's hard to say. As many of you know, I don't like sleep that much, but people change when you go overseas so maybe I'll learn to love it.